Friday 28 September 2007

Media & Cyberculture Week 1

Basic Understanding of Media & Cyberculture
This week is the first week for the new course, I think it's a good start. I learnt Advertising & Marketing Communication before I chose this course and I have been interested in the Media study all the time. When I finished my undergraduate study, I chose to learn Media MA to connect the two subjects together for that I want to be a professional advertise expert.
I read some books about media study and basic media knowledges, so I had basic cognition of media. Before took this lecture of Media & Cyberculture, I had no idea about what was cyberculture. I was very interested in the subject, and I was looking forward to draw more knowledge from this course.
After the first lecture, I think the most important gain for me is the definition of Media and Cyberculture.
  • Media
Different from the original cognition of media, all the medium which can transfer the message from producer to audience. This definition make the range of media much wider. The billboard, telephone and other medium also can be called media.
  • Cyberculture

In my opinion, the key point of cyberculture is the culture. Cyberculture is the effectiveness in social and political area which is from the technologic development. It's not the new technology or the new cultural trend follwing the technology. It is towards to the feedback from the social. according to the technologic development, the changes in people's daily life lead to the advance in every aspect in society. I think the most typical example for cybeculture is the protection laws for children with internet, the policy is the best representation of the social change for a technological development.

No comments: